Would you like to be Mikhail Kalashnikov?

Traditions, cuisine, history, politics, tourism,...
calzzetin
Expert user
Expert user
Mother tongue:

Would you like to be Mikhail Kalashnikov?

Postby calzzetin » Jan 27th, 14, 00:10

Привет всем!

Here I have this question
Clearly, from the military and engineering point of view Kalashnikov was able to design a weapon that 60 years later is still used in many countries. But, but if you were him and you had in your hands the AK-47 design, would you produce the weapon or throw it all away?

The question is the same as if asking if you would like to be one of the physicists who helped develop the atomic bomb, but in this case we know that the AK-47 is a weapon that came out of the brain of a single person. Would you like to have been that person?

Who wants to answer first? :roll:
Мороз и солнце, день чудесный!

Technolok
Senior user
Senior user
Mother tongue:

Re: Would you like to be Mikhail Kalashnikov?

Postby Technolok » Jan 27th, 14, 00:20

Привет!

Well I would like to be a hero of the Soviet Union and get a medal and a parade. But maybe I wouldn't like to be the guy who did a weapon used to kill lots of people all around the world. But you never know if using a weapon to kill a few can save the lives of millions. Tricky question, but I think I wouldn't like to be Kalashnikov, or one of the guys who developed the first atomic bomb.
Learning Russian is difficult, but not impossible!

Victorvcp
Junior user
Junior user
Mother tongue:

Re: Would you like to be Mikhail Kalashnikov?

Postby Victorvcp » Jul 22nd, 14, 06:24

I would like to be Mikhail Kalashnikov, because his invention helped Russia to win several battles, and his AK-47 is simple and works perfectly in almost all environments. He was a genius of Russian defense industry.

Return to “Russian culture”