usage of the verb встать

Why do we use this case here? And this verb? What rule should I use here?
smart888
Senior user
Senior user
Mother tongue:

usage of the verb встать

Postby smart888 » Jun 18th, 15, 21:42

Привет!

I'm studying perfective and imperfective verbs in Russian and I got confused by the verbs вставать - встать. According to the rule, the verb встать is not used in present, only in the past and in the future. Why then я всегда встаю рано? Isn't it correct? How comes it is used in present here and not future?

Спасибо!

LoveMyRussia
Expert user
Expert user
Mother tongue: Russian

Re: usage of the verb встать

Postby LoveMyRussia » Jul 3rd, 15, 13:53

привет!

Я всегда встаю рано - yes, that is correct, because встаю refers to verb вставать, not встать. though I'm afraid this explanation doesn't sound clear :roll:
you can say "Я всегда встаю рано", but if you would like to give more details you might say "Я люблю ВСТАТЬ рано, заварить себе чашечку крепкого кофе, выйти с ней на балкон и встретить рассвет" . if you give no details you can say "Я люблю ВСТАВАТЬ рано". but if you want to ad details after "Я люблю ВСТАВАТЬ рано" you're likely to use the verb люблю again. for example, Я люблю вставать рано, люблю пробежаться с утречка, когда еще народу на улицах совсем мало. OR it will be a complex sentence: Я люблю вставать рано, потому что люблю пробежаться по улицам, когда большинство еще спит.

if you need more explanations, you're welcome)) I'll try to give more examples

Return to “Russian grammar”