Hello! Privyet! I am a new-comer here.

Don't be shy and say привет!
michael0218
Junior user
Junior user
Mother tongue:

Hello! Privyet! I am a new-comer here.

Postby michael0218 » Apr 17th, 15, 19:10

I want to introduce myself. I am Michael, and I live in Jacksonville Florida. I am just beginning in my quest to learn the beautiful Russian language. I have been on several "learn Russian" sites, but I have chosen "RussianFORFree.com" as a starting point and I am presently beginning lesson 2. I am impressed by the format of the lessons and I am committed to learning Russian, one step at a time, independently, through this marvelous website. I ultimately want to attend formal classes and be around and learn from native Russian speakers. Eventually I would love to visit Russia, especially Moscow. I would describe myself as a bonafide "Russophile".
This has been an unfullfilled dream of mine, to learn to speak Russian, and I look forward to asking you questions along the way and benefitting from your collective knowledge and assistance.

petad64
New user
New user
Mother tongue:

Re: Hello! Privyet! I am a new-comer here.

Postby petad64 » Apr 20th, 15, 13:43

I'm a newcomer here too. Finally decided to take the leap and learn Russian. I'm on lesson 2 as well but I'm having serious issues rolling my 'rs'!
Peta (from London)

michael0218
Junior user
Junior user
Mother tongue:

Postby michael0218 » Apr 22nd, 15, 13:54

petad64 wrote:I'm a newcomer here too. Finally decided to take the leap and learn Russian. I'm on lesson 2 as well but I'm having serious issues rolling my 'rs'!
Peta (from London)
Peta, I've had to really bear down to learn to roll my "rs"...I'm pretty good now, but I must have sounded like a mad man to others in getting to that point.

einheit
New user
New user
Mother tongue:

Postby einheit » Apr 22nd, 15, 21:10

Privyet!

I've played around with different languages over the years, but this is my first effort at getting into Russian, as the Cyrillic alphabet seemed to be an unconquerable obstacle. It's an idea whose time has come, though, and I'm putting on my big boy pants and wading in. There are a lot of Russians in my field of IT, so I'll have opportunity to use it down the road.

BTW - Crime and Punishment is one of my all time favorite books, and I'd like to read it in the original at some point.

einheit

michael0218
Junior user
Junior user
Mother tongue:

Postby michael0218 » Apr 29th, 15, 04:29

einheit wrote:Privyet!

I've played around with different languages over the years, but this is my first effort at getting into Russian, as the Cyrillic alphabet seemed to be an unconquerable obstacle. It's an idea whose time has come, though, and I'm putting on my big boy pants and wading in. There are a lot of Russians in my field of IT, so I'll have opportunity to use it down the road.

BTW - Crime and Punishment is one of my all time favorite books, and I'd like to read it in the original at some point.

einheit
I am especially eager to tackle the Cyrillic alphabet. Everything, no matter how daunting, eventually breaks down and yields to determined effort and study, and I am trying to keep this in mind as I pursue learning this beautiful and complex language.

alex1984
Junior user
Junior user
Mother tongue:

Всем Привет Друзья!

Postby alex1984 » Apr 30th, 15, 13:49

Доброго дня друзья !
I support the Russian language. I want to be fluent in English. Let's help each other ? leshij1984@ukr.net

Return to “Your first post to say hello”