Grammar tables, Russian for free

Why do we use this case here? And this verb? What rule should I use here?
JoeKomaGawa
New user
New user
Mother tongue: English

Grammar tables, Russian for free

Postby JoeKomaGawa » Jan 13th, 17, 17:00

Russian grammar email
I really like this site a lot. However I have one problem regarding the adjectives in particular, but also it seems a smaller problem with nouns tables. Secondly, connected to my problem, it seems to be important to offer an explanation in your notes, EVEN IF I AM MISTAKEN, because the logic of my confusion is shared by friends I have explained this matter to. They are puzzled like me.

So I am not. Good English writer, I hope you can understand and explain.
Go to your adjectives, Nominative Case web page.

Masculine: 4 endings, ok. To the right 4 different, examples, ok. So, I believe there are 4 different groups of adjective ending words in the dictionary, ok.

Feminine: 2 endings. So, I believe that from 4 groups used with masculine words, I can only have 2 endings with all feminine nouns. But, how does a person choose which ending? Do you understand my problem? If there were 4 feminine endings and you used the SAME adjectives, I would believe there was no problem.

1. BUT, you give only 2 examples of changing the endings from the Masculine examples. I think you should have given 4 examples showing the other ending adjectives.

2. There are 2 choices for feminine endings. Every adjective seems possible to go with feminine nouns, yes? If this is true, then why are there 2 feminine endings. can I use the same ending in ALL situations? It seems no need to use a second ending. In the notes you should mention this situation of mistaken thinking.

so I am having this trouble in studying allyour example cases for nouns and adjectives. Can you advise me? I will be a student in Siberia in February for 1 month, so I am studying to prepare for my trip.
Thank you,
Thomas Asada-Grant

JoeKomaGawa
New user
New user
Mother tongue: English

Re: Grammar tables, Russian for free

Postby JoeKomaGawa » Jan 21st, 17, 15:08

Let me give a specific example of the problem I describe in the original post.
Noun Dative Neuter gives 3 endings for changing
Noun Instrumental Neuter gives 4 endings for changing.

This is confusing for the learner unless there is an explanation in the NOTES section.
I'm sur there is an explanation, what is it?
Regards from 埼玉県

Return to “Russian grammar”