hearing the difference in the letters

Don't be shy and say привет!
janmarielloyd
New user
New user
Mother tongue: english

Postby janmarielloyd » Jul 14th, 17, 12:55

:oops: :ugeek: I love this site and I am so excited I can recognize privyet in russian characters or hello, but I can not hear the difference in so many letters. like say and zay. Is there something wrong with my ears or will I get it once I learn more words.

Red-white flower
New user
New user
Mother tongue: Russian

Re: hearing the difference in the letters

Postby Red-white flower » Aug 6th, 17, 21:28

Hello!
Listening skills training is all about practice. If we want to learn to understand foreign speech, we should listen to it regularly.
I learn English, and I listen to English speech for at least 30 minutes everyday. It’s better to start with clear slow speech. Adopted for foreigners audios and videos or children's cartoons or audiobooks are good for that. After an animated series I watched English cartoons with English subtitles and listened to an audiobook while reading the text of that book. I started watching a series with English subtitles (there was usual spoken speech that is harder to understand). Later I began watchng the series and films without subtitles. I don’t watch children's cartoons anymore because it’s too easy to understand them.

loveawake.ru
New user
New user
Mother tongue: loveawake.ru

Postby loveawake.ru » May 25th, 18, 00:54

Swamper didnt get to watch the meeting, but do you know what the show cause hearing for the Maverick Restaurant was about?
бесплатный знакомство

Return to “Your first post to say hello”